Had a great time with the family playing in the snow today. Can’t believe we got about 4-5 inches in hotlanta.
Feeling bored and trying to lighten up my blog posts here I figured I would put my grandmother’s awesome chili recipe here for any of you guys to try. All this cold weather has me wanting to make a big pot of it. It has one 2nd place in out church chili cook-off a few years back. I like it because it doesn’t have any beans in it and it has celery in it.
Mama’s famous chili:
- Brown and drain 2 lbs lean hamburger meat
- Add the following ingredients
- 1 Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1 Chopped Onion (medium)
- 2-3 stalks of celery chopped up
- 2 – 14 oz cans of Tomato Sauce
- 2 – cans of orignal Rotel Chopped Tomato’s and Peppers
- 1 – 8oz Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 – 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Table Spoon of White vinager
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of Chili Powder as spicy as you like it.
- Add 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- For an extra kick you can add a dash of Red Cayenne Pepper and some chopped up Jalapeno’s
Let it all simmer on Med to Med-Lo for a few hours (the longer the better) and serve it up hot with some crackers and a baked potato. If you get daring you can load your potato with chili and cheese and top it off with some Frito’s brand corn chips.